Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Sutureself posted:

Sailboat ears!

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

In this picture I can certainly see some doberman. What a cute dog!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Do you have anymore pictures of this guy? This is one of the cutest dogs I think I have ever seen

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Kerfuffle posted:

I'd probably just say oversized field-type lab.

Nah that coat isn't right for a field lab. Sure looks like a dane mix to me, especially in the face. And look at that tail!

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Pure adorable is what she is! What does her tail look like? Those kind of look like husky ears.

Also came in here to post a picture of the cutest dog I have ever seen in my life. Apparently a golden retriever pit mix

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

wtftastic posted:

I guess there are more milled Schips out there than I thought. The rescue that I follow on Facebook always has mill surrenders and BYB'ed dogs in bad condition coming through so I suppose its more common than I want to admit.

Yeah it's sad as heck since schips really aren't the best dogs for inexperienced folks but when I lived in Charleston SC craigslist was full of schip mixes. One woman in particular bred schips x poms and they had some silly designer dog name that I forget.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

crackton posted:

I was taking my 9 week old puppy out for a walk in the park today when I saw what looked like a husky approaching from far away with its owner. The "husky" was off in the bush somewhere as we approached the owner and stopped for a chat. As the dog returned I quickly realized this was no regular husky and asked the owner if I could approach the dog to say hi. I'm about 5'9" and this dog(which by now seemed more like a wolf) came over and his head was maybe an inch beneath my chin, and must've been easily over 200lbs. He had a thick hide and his fur was wirey and seemed to have an oily coat on it. It's colouring was mainly grey with black mixed in around the face and shoulders. He seemed very obedient and well tempered but it was likely due to the fact that he was outfitted with a shock collar :( .

I was in such shock at the size of this thing, and then later about the shock collar, that I didn't think to ask about the breed. I've done some searching after coming home and the closest match I found was the Czecheslovakian Wolfdog. However this particular dog was way bigger then anything I was able to find so I was hoping you guys could help me out.
Did some weirdo domesticate an actual wolf, or is this just some husky/wolfdog on steroids ?

Fake edit: (I've seen smaller wolves in the wild)

Well since the largest living wolf usually maxes out under 100lbs and the largest recorded one ever still was under 200lbs it wasn't a wolf. Sounds like one of those poor "king" or giant malamutes people breed for stupid reasons.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Dust Radio posted:

This guy was found running around on the freeway.

Probably too puppyish for an accurate guess, but I'm thinking he looks a drat lot like a Dutch Shepherd (if not GSD/pitbull).

edit:one more :3:

I'm involved in an animal cruelty case with a Dutch Shepherd puppy (not as the abuser!). Your puppy is absolutely gorgeous but I don't see dutch. They aren't fluffy as puppies like that, they have coats more like Belgian Malinois, flatter and harder. And while you might occasionally see a little white on them it's a fault and since the little buggers are so rare the people breeding them probably (hopefully) wouldn't breed any parents with white. His nose shape is wrong too like a life less said. They have very roman noses. Oh and edit because while they are supposed to be mostly brindle they should have a black mask like a GSD.

The true test would be has he eaten through a wall, ran around your house dragging half a carpet, uprooted several trees, and somehow ended up perched on the top of the refrigerator?

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Dust Radio posted:

Haha, not yet. He has tried to eat off the corner of the rug, and he's working on destroying the couch (from he bottom up), the computer cords, and he only ate a quarter of the wicker table. Okay, he didn't eat it, just chewed the poo poo out of it, but Goddamn he wanted to.

So if I find him on he 'fridge, I'll know? :xd:

edited to add:

Only if he is ripping/running,on the counters about 15 hours a day until he collapses from exhaustion :haw: Oh and he should make a high pitched screeching noise whenever he is bored and can't rip stuff up

quote:

There's a Dutch Shepherd breeder about 40 miles from me, and judging by the puppy pics on their page, they have a lot of pups with white on their chests. Like a lot, a lot. And they want two grand for a puppy. :wtc:

Uuuugh see that's terrible. I like them well enough but they are not pet dogs in my opinion, not anymore than canadian eskimo dogs. The last thing this breed needs is to become popular because I would say about 95% of the dog owning population couldn't handle them. Anything more than very small accents on the toes would be a disqualifying fault and wouldn't be bred by someone who was an actual member of the Dutch Shepherd Dog Club of America. So if they are disregarding that what else are they disregarding

I have a lot of angry opinions about people breeding high drive dogs irresponsibly :argh:

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Dust Radio posted:

Judging by pics I've seen of DS pups, his Chewbacca noises, periods of pure insanity, and the fact that his coat is coarse and not fluffy, I think he's at least a DS mix. God help us.

His ears are beginning to stand up.

God help you indeed ;) He does look more like a DS in that picture. Good news anyway aside from being completely insane they are sweet dogs. He is going to test you constantly just be ready for that, DSs are rules lawyers and they are very smart. Say for example if they aren't allowed in a particular room they will keep testing you, can they put a foot in the room, can they lay their snout in the room, what if they turn around and just their butt is in the room. Just be on top of stuff like that.

Captain Dilly posted:

I'm curious to see what you guys think of my three year old fella, Hank. I just adopted him a couple of months ago.
People always stop me in the streets to ask and everybody, of course, has a guess. Myself included--my thoughts on his breed have changed a bunch of times. Anyways, take a stab. (I know nothing of his background, he was a stray)

Gorgeous whatever he is. I was looking up different basset mixes since that is what he looks like to me and apparently for some reason there is a 'designer' breed called the basschshund (basset x dachshund) so that is what I am voting he is since the name is funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
It sounds like you should be more concerned about the breeder rather than looking for a specific mix. A working line GSD can easily cover 50 miles a day, a shittily bred one can't run a mile without hurting itself. If someone bred a lovely lab & a lovely ACD the puppy isn't going to be any better.

Huskies make excellent running companions and love biking but maybe you don't want a dog that occasionally might eat through a wall