Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chauntecleer
Mar 15, 2006
Rawr!
Here is the picture of Noah (on the right) that the shelter posted on their website:

They had named him Bob, and he was brought in with five of his brothers and sisters.
The rest of the litter had all been adopted out when my husband and I got down there, and Noah would probably have only been kept another day or two if we hadn't adopted him.

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

The people at the pound said he's a Black Lab/Border Collie mix, which I believe considering his hair, coloring, and size. And if I understand correctly, he takes after the BC habits of being very vocal with his whines and little noises, but isn't barky at all. He likes to yawn and then taper off the exhale with "AWOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo." He also sighs very dramatically whenever he thinks you're ignoring him. The only thing about those breeds is that they're both smart working dogs, yet Noah can't catch for the life of him. He's so terrible at running after tennis balls because he always loses them in the lawn. He can't even sniff out a piece of hamburger if we drop it on the deck for him. He is inept, but endearing.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

He loves sleeping on dirty laundry, like I'm sure many other dogs do. He also loves sneezes, and will come running across any great distance to stand in front of your nose while you sneeze on his face.

Anyway, now Noah is grown up and clearly very dignified.

He loved it when we got four feet of snow last year, even though he's scared of thunderstorms. And any other loud noise, and car rides, and kennels, and getting his nails clipped.

He is a really wonderful dog 90% of the time, but has separation anxiety that we think developed from being a pound dog. He also might have been the runt of his litter, since he was the last one to be adopted out. He is so sweet and loving, and will sleep with his head on your lap all day if you let him, but he used to just rip all the furniture to pieces if we left him alone inside for even 15 minutes. He's started growing out of it, and now that he has a backyard he seems much happier. We just hope if we keep loving him and training him that he won't be so fearful of other things like the car and nail clippers someday.

The other mutt in my life is Moses, who I don't have many pictures of. He's actually my parent's dog, but they don't take good care of him at all. We think he's half Husky and half Queensland Heeler, but we aren't really sure. He was found chasing a golf cart on a high school campus trying to bite its tires, so we're pretty sure about the Heeler half of his genetics. Thing is, he's super smart and has a ton of energy, but my parents just leave him locked up in his kennel all day. They feed him, but they never walk him or let him out in their (huge) yard to exercise. It's so sad. He's never even been socialized with another dog since he was a tiny puppy. But my mom and dad are sending him to be our dog in a few weeks, and we are very excited to have him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU