Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

It's been too long since we've had a good mutts thread! :dance:

This is Vinnie, my folks' recently adopted setter/pointer/something and some of his friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

maniacripper posted:

We found ours in a parking lot. He's Brown American Wal-mart Hound. My dad called him a Tosa/Sleeper Mix. His name is Wally.

Click here for the full 461x615 image.

I love his expression here! Big dope :3:

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

^what about calling him a lab/redbone coonhound mix? I dunno just a random idea.

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

action pic of young Vincent

"Ok, party's over."

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

More Vinnie & co. Vin's tail has unraveled so much in the past few months. When my folks first adopted him, his tail was just this long, ratty thing and people would always comment "a shame it's too late to dock him, his tail's pretty fugly"....... But as you can see it has developed quite nicely :h:

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

yeah, she means labs who compete in the "sport" of breed conformation :keke:

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

Gumby posted:

dunno, he looks like a byb golden to me :ssh:

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

Marshmallow Mayhem posted:

Yeah that's gotta be the same rescue. I think it's a large rescue in Taiwan and they have overseas rescues which have no shelters/fosters/etc who communicate with the Taiwanese people to get them sent over to Socal, BC, etc. Mine was called Sweet Home Rescue based out of Irvine, CA. Some of those dogs look just like Sammy :P At this point I'm just thinking Sammy is some kinda Formosan Mountain Dog mix which has become it's own breed almost in Taiwan. There's a ton of dogs that look just like him, but not like the 100% pure Taiwanese Dog.

Oh man, they have some great looking Taiwanese mutts. This guy :3: ... I would adopt him simply based on cuteness-of-ears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

Fatty Patty posted:

This is my dog, Jack. Shelter listed him as an Australian Shepherd mix, vet thinks he's Australian Shepherd + Collie (border collie?) mix. What do you think?

He has the collie tail and head, but everything else seems to point to Aussie.

The shots of his face really makes me think of a great pyrenees, particularly that first pic where the fur looks pretty thick around his neck. I can seem him being a combo of several working dogs on someone's farm. Pyr/border collie, or pyr/aussie, or all three of them. Either way, he is cute and fluffy :)