Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Zapp Brannigan posted:

I don't have any recent pictures of Baxter on my work computer, but here he is when he was a puppy. ~6 weeks old.

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

He's a black lab/ border collie mix. Now that he's all grown up, he looks like a small German Shepherd.

Incorrect. He is 100% pure bred teddy bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

gently caress logic posted:

Ohhh the wee baby!

I have diabetes now from this. I hope you're happy.

I love that he looks like he stuck his muzzle in oil or something :3:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Terrapinata posted:

My old man and Spike, a bullterrior X wolfhound. He was an oops litter when his mother was 5 months old. He gets a beard in winter and is the biggest sook on earth.

What an awesomely weird mix

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

RiSK posted:

Alright fine, I'll sit...

Those ears look sooooooo soft :3:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Scary Ned posted:

This is a marvelous picture. I would like to join Casper on his adventure.

You should be warned: he'll only half listen to you

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

snarkcookie posted:

Just got a puppy! She's 20 weeks old and we just picked her up today. I know part of this thread is figuring out the breed, but I'm pretty sure what the shelter had her listed as is fairly accurate considering Australian Shepherd fits with the lack of tail and face shape, and the webbed toes backs up the listing of Catahoula Leopard Dog as her heritage, but I'm interested in others opinions on her.

Her ears aren't really as bat like as they are in these pictures. She can prop them straight up or lay them back as she pleases.

She certainly is unique lookin'.

I'll have to take some pictures when she's settled in myself, these are just pictures from when she was at the shelter.

Miniature Speckled Ear Dog. They have competitions to see how far they can glide using their ears as wings. (So cute :3:)

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Kian posted:

I just got this 2 month old Mongrel girl, Ceecee, from my friend. She says Ceecee has a bit of Alsatian blood in her... and well her fur kinda shows it!

I'm guessing 85% Pariah and 15% Alsatian. Either way, she's adorable :) Going through the process of toilet training her now.

WHAT AM I GUYS?

Don't really see Pariah, but definitely see Alsatian. Also, I had to look up that Alsatian = GSD

Either way, adorable :3:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Belisama posted:

Your dog's ears look ridiculously soft :3:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Dr. Housecat MD posted:

It's dangerous for mutt lovers to go into an animal shelter, even just to look. But my husband and I decided to go down to the high kill municipal shelter after lunch today. Part way through the kennels, we saw a sad red dog. An owner surrender...who is reported to be fifteen years old.

Not cool. It's sad enough that any dog is in a pound. But an old dog, deaf and arthritic, it just rips my heart out.

So, meet Lucille!

Her coat is horrible, she's got lots of growths and skin issues, but we'll see what good food and veterinary care can do. She had a dewclaw grown into the pad, which they clipped at the shelter before they let us go.

After meeting everyone and wandering the back yard, she's now crashed out on a soft pillow in front of the TV. Mutts are great...old mutts are the best.

That makes me teary-eyed. You're amazing for taking her in :)

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

FungiCap posted:

This is my friends mutt named Happy and is a total cutie.

Any takers on what's in her?

What a cutie :3: Looks like she's got border collie in her to me

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

DemonDarkhorse posted:

She's at least half hipster. :v:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

I'd stake my life on Australian Cattledog!

Or maybe a Catahoula hound mix? I don't know how common they are.

Edit: Hmm...maybe too short-coated....Australian Cattle Dog is probably a better guess :)

Shebrew fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 14, 2012

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Aravenna posted:

This is not my dog, but she is at Quaffle's rescue now. I think she may be a chupacabra or a shaved bear, crossed with a gremlin. I just...want...to squish her :ohdear:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23781750

What unholy mix really produced that, I want to know? And how? I mean, check out the ruff of hair on the back of her head:

LOOK AT HER EARS

I'm going to go with a Hyena x Direwolf mix. :colbert:

The point is I...I want to rub that head and those ears :3:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

itstricky posted:

This is Boe, he's about 3.5 years old. When I adopted him from the shelter last year they had him listed as just "Black Lab Mix", but I was wondering if anyone had an idea what other breeds he may be crossed with. So far, most people seem to think GSD/lab, but he only weighs about 45 lbs, which seems small to me for a mix of those two larger breeds.

He does not love dressing up.

You can see his lanky build and giant ears here.

A good shot of his build.

The most skeptical of dogs.

Any thoughts?

Definitely shepherd. With his lanky build, maybe a whippet cross? Also, them ears :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

TheAwesome posted:

This is Mindy:

She's 14 years old now (15 in January!) but doing well health-wise. She has mild arthritis, some cataracts, and is almost totally deaf. Supposedly she was some sort of spaniel or collie cross but she looks a lot like a flatcoat retriever with tiny legs. When people ask what breed she is I just say she is a happy accident. She looked like a black lab as a puppy. She never grew any hair on her stomach (she's 13 in this picture, with my old roommate) and she loves belly rubs more than anything.

She makes a great sadface for show (she loves the towel):

She also prefers to sleep with her head on a pillow and her body in a crazy contortion.

Her life is a series of naps interrupted by brief walks to get to her next nap location.

Awww, I love old dogs! I think their personality just gets more pronounced as they grow older. I hope you have many more healthy years with her to come! :)

Wanna cuddle that mutt :3: