Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
How do you guys feel about mismatched tires?

The rear on my DRZSM is dead and the front is hardly even scrubbed in, most of my riding is just commuting.. and i'm poor. I don't really wanna put another D208 on there just so it can round off straight away and die in 3500km's.

and two, I had always planned on a Pilot road 2 on the rear, and maybe a pilot power on the front. After looking around the Road 2 comes in 150/70 instead of 150/60, apparently its about 12mm taller(radius?) With a hard rubber and stiff sidewall i think it should be ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
I found out that Dunlop have discontinued the D208 so i could throw a,uh i want to say GPRA100? on it or grab a new set. I think i'll just grab a set of pilot powers, or a set of battlax 021's/pilot road 2's when my tax cheque clears.

Does anyone have experience with any of those? I know that on the BT021's only the rear is dual compound.

Avons, Maxxis and continental are preety much unheard of around here as i asked today.

vvvvvv

Z3n posted:

I'm not exactly sure what the GPRA-10 corresponds to in the US, but it looks like it's a track tire for smaller displacement bikes? I don't think we even get that out here...

I looked it up. Its the GPR-100, its just a sport/tourer tyre.

Dubs fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 21, 2009

• Locked thread