Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Massive burnout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

That would be about twice that amount in Australia, new.

e: I thought that was for 2 tyres for some reason, that seems about right where I am.

Shimrod fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jan 8, 2014

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

It is two tires - a 120/70 front and a 180/55 rear :)

In that case, yeah, that's really cheap where I'm from. That kind of price on tires is what I'd expect for some either 2nd hand or cheap car tires. The rear tire I got for my 600 was $180 and it was a take-off. And that was cheap.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Meh, I rode a SV650 home 40-50mi in an Arizona monsoon with brand new PR3s on it. Did perfectly fine.

This. I rode home 100km with a brand new pair of PR4s and had no issues. Just gotta back off like you normally would if you feel it slipping :/

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, I don't feel that at all dude. I'd agree with being used to a squared off tire.

This. You'll get used to them.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

There'll be graining around the edge I guess. You're talking about street riding right? Honestly, unless you're being a total idiot you'll never really cook them on the road.

These tyres were totally cooked, and still perfectly fine.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

D212s as far as I know. They're sweet. I run them on my zX10r.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

I suggest not getting a set of PR4s, the rear is fine, although it's still keen to break loose, but the front is just crap. Get a PP3 front with PR4 rear.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

It's great for commuting and general duties, but if you want to hit up the mountains I just don't like how it feels, it gives up too easily for my liking. Slides too easily. It's a commuter tyre for if you do high mileage/ride in the wet a lot, I won't run the front again even though I do massive mileage though.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

That reminds me, what are good tyres for a Sumo that sees mostly mountain (twisties) runs and around town stuff? I need them to be decent to good in the wet too. I've got a Metzler Racetec on the front and it's great in the dry now I'm used to it, but it's completely crap in the wet. Same for the ContiAttack SM on the rear, it's fine in the dry, but completely hopeless in the wet. (The bike came with those tyres, need to replace them soon as the rear is cooked + almost out of tread and the front is getting low on tread).

I was thinking Dunlop Q3s or Pilot Powers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Go with the 3s, pr4s are poo poo.

• Locked thread