Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

How much life so I have left in this tire? http://imgur.com/DpVf36t

I'm going to order a new tire,but I'm wondering if I should replace it as soon as I get it, or let this one take some more wear first. It has about 6100 miles on it when I took that picture, at 6600 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Ok. I think I'll be ordering the rear PR3, I believe my front tire is still good and I can't even afford both right now. Yay for no insurance medical bills.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Is mixing a dual sport tire (80/20, front) with a street rear tire okay? I'm probably gonna just get a dual sport rear for now anyways but I am curious.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Shimrod posted:

I suggest not getting a set of PR4s, the rear is fine, although it's still keen to break loose, but the front is just crap. Get a PP3 front with PR4 rear.

The PR4 front I had was great and lasted 23k miles, what's wrong with it?

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

The shop I got to always does it right then and there if I bring a tire, or I order a tire and come back next day. Same with chain and sprockets. Only time I was "turned" away was when the lifts were full and asked me to come back in an hour. If I went to the dealer though, dunno if I can expect it done without appointment.

• Locked thread