Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Spiffness posted:

Also anyone looking at semi offroad mainly street tires for 17", considering Avon Distanzias (SP?) should go for it. I slapped a pair on my DRZ, sticky enough to drag hard parts on pavement, quite fun in hard pack. Slick as hell in mud but what do you expect. I would run these all the time on a DRZ and am probably going to throw a set on over the winter on the KTM to deal with the rain and mucky roads.

I am picking up some Distanzas ummmmm tomorrow! Cycle gear is currently having a pretty universal tire sale, for anyone interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

sw0cb posted:

What kind of tires should I be looking at for a 2006 Zx-6r that arent going to just slide out from under me in a rainy/wet situation?

Edit: I guess I'm looking at sport touring tires, I should have been more clear. I'm not planning any track days with it right now, are the pilot road 2s worth the money or should I be looking at other brands?

I put diablo stradas on mine cause I've had good experiences with them. From what I've been hearing, the pilot road 2s might be slightly better though.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

I just got charged $90 to mount two old distanzas on skinny WRX rims. Never again. I'm going to pick up this bead breaker next month, any recommendations for a tire spoon kit?

I also really suck at reading tires and can't decide if these are good for another sumo event or not. They look pretty bald to me, especially the front. They just moved the event up to the 9th and I'm broke till next month.

• Locked thread