Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
I'm really having trouble picking a tire here. i feel like I've always heard "get pr4s and shut up" but i wanna be sure, especially because i can't source that. i don't ride on the track, i commute (90% highway) aggressively on the street, rain or shine because Oregon. i stay below 120 mph. i think soft wall sounds right because i need mid corner maneuverability because of the way the roads in my area are. i commute. obviously i want to save money but price isn't a serious issue because good tires are important. i ride a '00 sv650.

if it matters, i have ebc double h sintered breaks and i weigh 130 lbs. everything else that could conceivably affect handling is stock

... can someone help me? tires are so complicated and i don't wanna wear these continentals in the rain season again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

ok thanks guys.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

gently caress you

they're soooo good. the consistency is like woah

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I you're replacing tires you might as well grab some 90 degree valve stems as well and never have your rotors get in the way of your tire gauge again.

I'm probably gonna have cyclegear replace them since they do it for free unless someone tells me that it's dumb.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Pope Mobile posted:

If you supply your own stem yeah, it's free.

yeah the only problem is that i only ride a motorcycle so I'll have to beg them to do to it same day and borrow 4 wheels for the delivery. sure beats dealer prices though

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Pope Mobile posted:

Not sure about your location, but we always sent people to a nearby shop if they were desperate to get it done asap. The shop was a little more expensive, but if you brought them the wheels off the bike, they changed the tires while you waited.

change while you wait would make me sooo happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

ty guys. I'll call ahead :)

• Locked thread