Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

blugu64 posted:

re:Car Tires on motorcycles. I saw this posted in the pictures/video thread a few months back. Too scary for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaIj1XrmvLM

It isn't the square profile that scares me, it is the fact that car tires are designed to last 20-80 thousand miles. That is some hard rubber. Even the sport tires are too hard. People who do this, especially in the videos, are those who are hiking boot wearing fools without any sense beyond the cent.

I have no problem with using cheap tires (IRC) on my 12hp Derbi Supermotard as I physically can't over-power my tires. On my Honda 599 though, I have no qualms with dumping over a hundred bucks a tire. I can't fathom someone who has spent the monies necessary to obtain a Goldwing yet insists on skimping on tires. If you're cheap, be gentle on that blessed rubber you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread