Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UFS207
Oct 29, 2005
Question for you guys buying tubeless radials online:

How are you getting them on your bike? Has anyone had any luck mounting with a set of tire spoons? I bought an '06 Z750S early this year and it's past due for tires.

I've always mounted my own (all bias-ply tube-type tires) on my old CB750 and various dirtbikes but never tubeless radials on cast rims. I am very hesitant to attempt it mainly due the cost of the tires/rims and fact they most likely will need to be properly balanced.

None of the dealerships will touch a tire you bring in for any price, you gotta buy from them. They claim it's for insurance reasons (convenient). I wouldn't have a problem with this if it weren't for the fact that most of the tires sold locally have at least a 50% markup over what I find online.

P.S. - I know it's a longshot since most of you guys are on the west coast but if someone has a line on a decent shop in the Central, AL area that will mount bring-ins for a reasonable fee I'm all ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFS207
Oct 29, 2005

frozenphil posted:

Go register over at Alabama Sportbike. There are several members and shops who will install tires for you for either a discount or a six pack. I believe the dude in Hoover charges $40. They also have a shop review forum so you can find a decent place.

Where in Alabama are you?

Will do, thanks much. I'm in Tuscaloosa.

Also, thanks for the link, Z3n.

• Locked thread