Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Gather around kids, Z3n's gunna teach us how to use rubbers :downsrim:

Dragon Supercorsa 3 Pro's came on my KTM 690 SMC and I can't rave about the stickiness of these babies enough. Last set of aggressive tires I used were PP CT2's, which are also excellent tires. Id say the Perilli's are noticeably more confidence inducing, with the downside that they seem to get used up and square off much quicker than the CT2's. 2 cent review.

They make awesome supermoto street tires.

Also anyone looking at semi offroad mainly street tires for 17", considering Avon Distanzias (SP?) should go for it. I slapped a pair on my DRZ, sticky enough to drag hard parts on pavement, quite fun in hard pack. Slick as hell in mud but what do you expect. I would run these all the time on a DRZ and am probably going to throw a set on over the winter on the KTM to deal with the rain and mucky roads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I thought everything shinko ever made was complete and utter poo poo.

I've heard that their slicks are likely to get you killed.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Sumo approved: Contiforce SM tires.

Very happy with these sticky bastards.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Looking for an opinion by resident tire expert...

How's this wear pattern look? Healthy?

Click here for the full 912x684 image.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I can't imagine a 250 getting that gnarly in any conditions...

Be careful in the wet, the rear might wiggle if you do a big dumb drop-the-clutch downshift when its cold out, but other than that just take it easy and don't go for knee down in the cold and you'll be fine. It's not like you are going to light up the rear under acceleration anytime soon.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Zool posted:

nuh uh! The OEM tire for the KTM 690 is a Dragon Supercorsa.

\/\/\/ -- both our bikes came off the shelf with Pirelli's
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/galleries/usaktm/ktm-690-smc.php

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 20, 2010

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Pilot Powers and the sport minded 2CT's are among the really great tires you can buy for a supersport or superbike. Without question they are awesome everyday and spirited riding tires.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Thanks for pointing this out. Ballin' deal.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Z3n posted:

You'll probably thrash that soft in a day though.

Still makes sense economically. I'll have to wait another two sets before switching to the Pirelli red stripes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Wow, that's nuts. Which tire guy was it?

The Dunlop guy is good but isn't nearly as good as KFG. Though since they're a Pirelli shop now they'll probably say... ride the Pirellis.

Did you do that at Ridge? Did you drop into the high 140's or something? Surprised to see such a massive difference in how you wore that tire.

Edit: Z3n runs the red stripes.

• Locked thread