Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
I use a high lift jack and a car bumper to break the bead on my tires. Use a block of wood to keep the jack from slipping onto the rim and gouging it. It's worked for all my tire changes (4 so far).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Just a warning, if you put a street oriented tire on the front of a KLR and do any significant offroading, it will handle like dogshit. Trust me on this one. 400 lbs + a skinny street oriented tire = massive understeer/washing out on turns. I've done this and it's not pretty.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
I'd definitely patch it if it's tubed, tubeless is a bit more iffy since the repair has to hold air as well as contact the road.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
I've got a Katana with Battlaxes on it, and 32/35 seems to work pretty well.

Speaking of my Katana, how does this tread wear pattern look :v:

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
That's just what it looked like afterwards. I put down some bleach, I think, and it made too much smoke. I don't have any good pictures of me doing the sweet burnout because all the smoke made it too hard to see anything. Trust me though, it was awesome.

It actually made it really hard to get the tire off because the middle sort of folded up when I was trying to break the bead. Should have burned the chicken strips off too, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

NipplesTheCat posted:

How all companies should advertise tires:

Bridgestone BT-016

No thanks, she's got a bit of a spare tire.

• Locked thread