Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
What, no Bridgestone love in the OP? BT-021s are amazing sport touring tyres that balance good grip with great longevity, especially if you do a lot of upright motorway miles. I've tried BT-016s too and they're really good for fast road riding; they warm up quickly and give shed-loads of grip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
Modern Triumphs have angled stems specifically to let people inflate the tyres using garage forecourt pumps designed for car tyres.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
It's not a good idea to mix different brands of tyres and tyre manufacturers go as far as to say you shouldn't mix different tyres from one brand. Tyres are designed to work as a pair so running two different tyres can adversely affect the handling.

That said, I know you can mix Pilot Roads and Pilot Powers without too much trouble. I've run an old Metzler sportec (M3?) with a BT-021 rear before and the bike was definitely less stable than when it was on Metzler front and rears or Bridgestone front and rears.

• Locked thread