Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fake eh seizure
Jul 4, 2007
Civil Engineer here. I took one transportation class and probably the only thing I took away from it is to run red lights. At signalled intersections there is a point when the lights in all directions will be red. It is called the ALL RED phase and I believe it lasts for 3 seconds. It is there as a safeguard to make sure the intersection is clear before the perpendicular direction turns green.

Anyway, I am all to familiar with stop and go traffic as I drive in Chicago frequently. I almost feel like idiot drivers can be blamed for slowdowns just as much as the highway design. They think that weaving in and out like a Nascar driver will save them time.

Question for you, say you are driving on a 3 lane freeway(I-55 in my case(stop&go traffic)) with traffic merging in on the right. What lane typically moves the quickest? I usually stay in the middle lane...I never really go in the right lane as I fear that the Queueing would slow me down to much. If you understand what I am asking I would like to hear your thoughts on what lane moves the quickest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU