Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItchyDroopy
May 24, 2008
Good stuff. Seems like a really fun job.

Cichlidae posted:

That project was pretty messed-up, though, if you're talking about the one in Southington and Waterbury. The contractor installed the catch basins upside-down, and the inspectors didn't catch it. Needless to say, they got kicked off the project and sued.

Can you tell us a bit more about the Cheshire 84 fiasco and highway construction in general? i.e. Do contractors pretty much have free will as they wish with the project? Im sure they have a contract... but it makes me wonder if they can put in non functional catch basins, what is preventing them from using sub par materials in construction?

Also HOV lanes, which mostly get blocked by buses and slow cabbies... why not convert them to 2 additional regular lanes?

Why/Who in their right mind thought it was OK to have all major highways in CT run right smack through major cities and intersect in hartford?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItchyDroopy
May 24, 2008

Kemian posted:

Here's a question I've wondered about for a while: Why is the speed limit on I-84 50-55 between Waterbury and Hartford? It seems like people still go 65-70, but what's the thinking behind having that stretch be so much lower than most of the other highways that go through non-city areas?

Actually 691 to Waterbury has a 45 limit... eeek

Cichlidae, thanks for your explanation... good stuff!

ItchyDroopy
May 24, 2008

smackfu posted:

Unless he meant the ramp only?

Nope... all the way from Cheshire infamous construction to Waterbury is 45... I'll snap a pic today if I'll remember

Edit: I stand corrected, its 55... 45 must have got stuck in my head from construction time.

ItchyDroopy fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 1, 2009

ItchyDroopy
May 24, 2008

smackfu posted:

No worries, everyone always drives 80 through there anyway, since it's straight and flat.

They definitely did a nice job on that stretch.