Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sm3g4
Nov 1, 2000
I am biased against roundabouts thanks to this one that I have to experience regularly. The only one I know of near where I live is this one, in the center of the city of Tallmadge, and it is a nightmare. All 8 of the main roads in town intersect in one big rear end circle, so there's basically no easy path to bypass it without going far out of your way. Not to mention there are 6-way intersections at each corner of the big "box" surrounding it.

There is often such a long queue, especially in the north/south entrances, that you can easily wait in the queue for 5+ minutes just to reach the circle. I think it's supposed to be 2 lanes in the circle, but people drive it as if there's 1 lane. It's always full of traffic so you have to wait until there's an opening and then dart in.

Do you think the problem comes from the outdated road planning (I think this circle was devised in the early 1800's) or people around here not knowing how to properly drive on a roundabout (i.e. using both lanes)? How would you fix it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU