Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voltron
Nov 26, 2000
Zapf gave me this account because he's a friend of the Indian-American people.
I'm having trouble posting my question, I'll try when I get home. Great thread!

voltron fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voltron
Nov 26, 2000
Hey Cichlidae, awesome thread!

voltron fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 24, 2010

voltron
Nov 26, 2000

Cichlidae posted:

If VDOT hasn't acquiesced to your demands yet, chances are slim. I hate to tell you this, because I hate when people do it to me, but you CAN get it fixed if you send lots of letters to the higher-ups at the DOT. They don't care so much about delay, and they'll gladly force their engineers to do what the voting public says just to get you off their backs.

Haha, I pretty much gave up. If it's for safety, it's for safety. The locals definitely don't race down the street to make the green lights, because they know it'll turn red before they can make it. In that respect, I agree, it's safer. Thanks for the reply!

voltron
Nov 26, 2000

problematique posted:

if you jumped on 28 you'd get to Orbital pretty quick, even quicker now with them getting rid of the lights in that area.

In any case I have to contend with driving from Lowes Island area on 7 to Tysons which really is a red light traffic nightmare if you hit the wrong lights. Though when there's not to much traffic and everyone drives the speed limit or slightly below you can make it through most on green.

That's what I've been doing since they removed the lights between Route 7 and Steeplchase. Also, they're closing left turns from Route 28 to Steeplechase starting August 3rd. They will still allow right turns from Steeplechase to Route 28 though. I feel your pain about driving on Route 7 in the mornings, I shouldn't complain!

Merrack posted:

This has been so weird to see, watching 28 become a highway (complete with a speed limit raise!)

It's about time! What's the new speed limit on 28? I still see signs for 55mph.

voltron fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 29, 2009