Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binge
Feb 23, 2001

They're putting roundabouts in right next to where I live on the highway here. The highway begins here at Lake Ontario (I-590) and and goes to meet up with the other interstate branches and eventually I-90. The first 2 or 3 miles of it, has always been 4 stoplights. The one I use to enter the highway gets way too many accidents a year. People going 55, tend to try and beat the lights as often as possible. They stay yellow for a long time, which I think gives people the confidence to just go for it. Unfortunately, many miscalculate the time and distance needed and careen into cars making left's or right's onto the highway.

So they dropped the speed limit to 50, and that did absolutely nothing. So now it's roundabout time! They're about a month from completion, and they look horribly awkward. But I'm excited nonetheless. But the people around here are pretty scared of them, since exactly 100% of the population around here has never been through one, and I'm sure many of them hadn't even heard of them until now.

You can see it here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...013272&t=h&z=17

The "Sea Breeze Expressway" from that soccer field North is this stretch of road. The 4 stoplights (Titus ave, Seneca Ave, Pt. Pleasant ave and Durand Blvd), are whats being converted to roundabouts. I wonder how long it'll take google maps to update with the changes to it.

Didn't realize there was a streetview. But here's the light that has tons of accidents (and the one I use). Now all 4 corners of the lots here were bought up by the town, and are currently large piles of dirt.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...12,1.66,,0,9.95

Binge fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 29, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU