Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Economic Sinkhole
Mar 14, 2002
Pillbug
So about signal actuation: is there any kind of system that lets multiple signals coordinate their greens to keep traffic moving, while allowing cross traffic to still be detected and get their respective greens? I am thinking of one particular stretch of road near my apartment that, no matter what time of day you drive it, you'll hit 80% of the red lights, every time. I'm wondering if it's just because the signals are being tripped by cross traffic and cycling constantly or if there is something more that can be done to improve flow on this main road.

So more open-ended: what to engineers do about busy roads with multiple signals to keep traffic moving? Pre-timed all the way or only actuated or some combination of the two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU