Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mank
Nov 28, 2004
Just pull down your panties.
Thanks for the thread! If everyone knew someone from a DOT or a traffic engineer or what have you, there would be approximately 99% less bitching due to misinformation or supposition.

I just wondered about dynamic message signs, or, as you may call them in Connecticut, variable message signs or changeable message signs! I can't remember which you guys call them; it seems to vary from state to state.

You mentioned that you had some sort of experience with them, so I wanted to ask what types of attributes you looked for in them. What features are important to you? What types of problems have you had with them that make technicians heads explode?

Also, have you helped with writing any specs or anything for DMS contracts? If so, what goes into that process? I assume it's usually low bid, but are there manufacturers that you prefer over others?

Thanks again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU