Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PessiMister
Jun 1, 2006
What's the deal with this:

I used to drive this (green) route every day. You're going east on cross bronx expressway and want to go north on bronx river parkway. You have to exit off cross bronx onto a local street, take the "U" ramp, cut across the local street and take the ramp onto bronx river parkway (which has a traffic signal). It doesn't help that a lot of people coming from the local (yellow) street want to go straight which means they have to merge right and people going the green way need to merge left to take the U ramp. Sometimes you get lucky and the light is red at the intersection north east of the U ramp and you can go w/o problems.

At some point I got fed up and just started going through the intersection (left and another left) instead of trying to take the U ramp.

I apologize if my description is a little confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PessiMister
Jun 1, 2006
On my commute to work, there's an intersection where one direction always has a red signal when the opposite direction has a green signal. The only sign is "delayed green." This means you can safely turn left when the light is green. There is no left turn arrow. I would say this is pretty confusing to anyone who is not familiar with this intersection. Would you ever design something like this? I can see its usefulness if there's a good balance of cars turning left and going straight, but surely there are less confusing options?