Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mog
Nov 23, 2006

Pillbug
I went for the custom wavefront in February of this year.

First the good news: Pretty much immediately after the surgery I was seeing 20/15, and my vision has remained at this level for the past 6 months. No halos at night, perfect, quick recovery.

The bad news: The surgery itself was a soul-crushing experience for me. The doctor didn't explain what to expect, and I broke out in a cold sweat about a minute in. Although there was no pain, I could still feel the slicing of the outer layer of my eye when they peeled it away at the start. The whole time I was worried I would do something wrong and end up blind and I had to grip the sides of my table as tight as I could to hold still, because I started shaking something awful.

No one else I've spoken to had as bad a time with the surgery, and the doctor refused to include my trip report in the binder that sits in his waiting room.

Am I happy with my results? Yes.

If I had to make the choice would I do it again? No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread