Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fasheem
Feb 19, 2007

Mog posted:

The bad news: The surgery itself was a soul-crushing experience for me. The doctor didn't explain what to expect, and I broke out in a cold sweat about a minute in. Although there was no pain, I could still feel the slicing of the outer layer of my eye when they peeled it away at the start. The whole time I was worried I would do something wrong and end up blind and I had to grip the sides of my table as tight as I could to hold still, because I started shaking something awful.

If I had to make the choice would I do it again? No.

Really? I was completely traumatized by the procedure, as in right at the beginning I started crying, and basically didn't stop until the next day. I also made that exaggerated agonized/terrified face you normally only see on babies and had to keep it the entire time because if I tried to smooth it out, I'd feel a scream coming on.

I'd do it again though! I'd just ask for another pill. They were running behind so mine wore off before I got in.

geochick84 posted:

I'm going for LASIK in September. I've opted for the Custom Wavefront instead of standard LASIK because I have larger than normal pupils... about $800 more at my clinic (LASIK MD in Calgary). I'm pretty paranoid about the night vision problems, like halos, etc.

They've told me that I will be at the clinic for 4-5 hours, and that I should bring a book/laptop/snacks... why am I there so long if the surgery only takes a few minutes?

Because they are busy busy people and when they're ready for you, you have to be there. They do a check, then you wait for the surgeon, then they do another check. It wouldn't take long but there will be a ton of other people also getting surgery at the same time.

Also Custom Wavefront will not save you from night vision problems. I had that, and I still have halos. I knew I would, because my pupils are huge, and accepted it before I had it done (and it's not that bad) but if you're really worried about that you might want to take a pass on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread