Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
archwhore
Oct 4, 2007

I have really bad eyes (around 20/500, maybe worse) and have had glasses since I was around 12 (I'm 24 now). I've been thinking about getting my eyes done for years but have been afraid that if I do all the research and get cleared for the go-ahead and get all excited, I won't be able to afford it. But after reading the prices some of you have paid, I'm giving it a lot more serious thought.

I have a question though. Knowing how I do in other eye exams, I have a hard time focusing my eye on one spot and not moving it. I guess I get nervous and try too hard, I don't know. I know they give you numbing drops and a Valium if you want it, but is there any way they could give me something to relax my eye so I'll be less likely to move it around when I get scared? I've never had Valium, but does the Valium pretty much do just that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archwhore
Oct 4, 2007

Fraternite posted:

I was given Atavan and my right eye (oculus dexter, lol) still was essentially in a terrified spasm during the surgery. I am told that this isn't abnormal. And I wouldn't worry about voluntarily moving your eye -- you'll be gripping the seat in abject terror from the moment they clamp your eyes open and start dripping in an assortment of drops.

Will moving your eye cause you to immediately go blind or anything? Will the laser just liquify your eye or will the surgery be completely hosed if your eye moves slightly?

• Locked thread