Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

I'm about to have surgery through the military so I've been through all the briefings and counseling recently.

Does the military use its own laser eye surgeons, or does it farm patients out to civilians? Google mostly turned up stuff about people having it done outside of the military healthcare system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Had my pre-op today prior to my surgery on Thursday and they switched me from LASIK to PRK, so it'll be a fun weekend.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Had it done today. Whole thing took like 10 minutes and was relatively painless except for the freezing cold drops they put in your eyes after the laser part.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Galsia posted:

What did you go for? LASIK?

PRK. So it'll be a bit longer before my eyesight is perfect.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

LASEK is basically PRK. The recovery period is longer, but there are fewer complications. I had my 2 week checkup last week and was already at 20/25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I drank two days after PRK and was fine. But I'm an expert drinker so I wouldn't try that at home.

• Locked thread