Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
federal_hax_bracket
Aug 29, 2008

Aluminum Record posted:

Would also be interested to hear if people responding to this had astigmatism, and if they'd like to divulge what it cost them and any guarantees they got with it.

I had astigmatism, got PRK done in Canada cause it wasn't approved in the states. It was like $1K per eye 7 years ago, best 2K I ever spent as i still see 20/20 and don't have contacts drying up and falling out 8x per day.

Supposedly PRK pain is supposed to be worse than LASIK, but I didn't find it that bad. The first day is kind of like getting grapefruit juice in your eye. After that, it's kind of like having an eyelash stuck in your eye for a week. Basically, if you respond well to vicodin, you'll probably be like 'ah this mildly sucks but I don't even care'.

I think the guarantee was like free tune ups to 20/20 for life or something. Don't quote me on that, I can't find the paperwork in this desk. Obviously, no one can guarantee 100.0000% that they won't slip and blind you in a freak accident, or whatever. Just do your homework make sure the place has a record of high experience / low complication rate etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread