Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
I'm really considering lasik myself, had a couple of questions for you guys:

* What is the fastest, safest and least stressful lasik variation out there? I'm fine with dishing out a bit more dough if it reduces the risks and the recovery time.

* Anybody done this in WA state? I have no idea what location I should visit to have this done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

I was going to sign up for intralase + wavefront next weekend, I have a bit of astigmatism and myopia (somewhere in the range of 2.0) and I was hoping to get rid of them. Talk me out of this?

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Is it a reasonable assumption that the smaller the correction that needs to be made, the lesser the chance of loving up your eye?

Or is most of the risk in post-surgery couple of days when you can accidentally displace the flap?

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Do you go insane from having your eyes open for 20 minutes without being able to blink? I know they numb them up, but is it still incredibly irritating?

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Ok so I had intralase + wavefront stuff done to me, wasn't bad at all. You're a bit stressed during those 10 minutes when you're spun around under all these different machines and poo poo happens and you go blind and the doc pulls a piece of your eye off, but they keep you as comfortable as possible and there's no pain involved.

I had simple myopia on the right eye, and astigmatism + myopia on the left eye. I can see probably 20/15 with the right eye now most of the times with enough tears in the eye, but the left eye is kind of off and on blurry.

Has anybody had blurriness in their post-lasik vision for a few days? When did it resolve? It's interesting because the PC screen is quite blurry, but if I go for a drive outside, everything's amazing. Is it because of the brightness of the screen?

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Anybody had the condition where their eyes would be not fully closed at night, which would dry the poo poo out of the eye in the morning and make it irritated enough to be completely blurry all day?

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Anybody else's eyes get totally raped by having to heat one's place in winter? I makes my eyes super dry when I wake up and I can't see poo poo all day because of the irritation.

Wonder if I should invest in a humidifier..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Go get some eye lubricating ointment from the chemist and put it in before you go to bed. Should sort you out.

Yeah the doc already recommended that as the surface of the cornea is super irritated in the morning and I can't read poo poo until the next day (apparently sleeping, besides steroids, is the only thing that heals it).

Prob is that when you heat your house throughout the day, it really dries out the air and you have to sprinkle your eyeballs with artificial tears every 15 minutes.

• Locked thread