Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE_Chris
Sep 18, 2008
I've always thought of LASIK but have always been wary. I've worn glasses since I was about 13 and occasionally wear contacts. The contacts I'd wear on a night out only since they're a pain in the rear end to get in at 730am when I'm in a rush for work, especially since astigmatism in one eye means I have to get them in the right orientation each time. I think my vision is -4.5 and -4.75.

Biggest problem though is I've had a vein burst in the back of each eye now, leading to small points where vision is very fuzzy. (Basically like if you look at a bright light and you see an after-image. Its that but doesnt go away). Its called a Branched Retinal Vein Occlusion (BRVO) if you want to know.

So I'm basically paranoid about anything going near my eye, especially to chop it open incase it worsens the problems I have. I presume this is a contraindication for LASIK, but I've never checked. The docs have told me I must always be well hydrated (dehydration = thicker blood, more chance of clot, more chance of another BRVO).

Anyone on here had similar problems that they had, and had LASIK done anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread