Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FooGoo
Oct 21, 2008
Is there anyone here who was -6.00 diopters or greater prior to surgery?

I'm currently about -7.50 and noticed a lot of the people who say it was "the best money they ever spent" were in the < -5.00 range. From what I understand, it can get complicated for high-myoptics.

So if you're one of those that were nearly blind, how is it post-surgery? Night vision? Dry eyes? Aberrations (halos, starbursts, etc.)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FooGoo
Oct 21, 2008

The Gay Bean posted:

I got EPI-LASIK (basically PRK) at my doctor's recommendation. Price was almost the same.

With LASIK there is a small but nonzero chance of flap complications for the rest of your life. My doctor told me a story of a women whose dog hit her in the eye with its paw and she had to get the surgery redone.

I'm not going to defend what my doctor said or anything; I took his word for it and it's possible that he was wrong. That was just my reasoning.

There's also that PRK works with lower corneal thickness so a wider range of patients are open to it. I believe that the instance of minor complications (haloing, eye dryness, and starbursting) is less with PRK.

For the record, I'm a year downstream of my surgery with perfect vision and no side effects. I was at 95% at about 3-4 months. Best 2 grand I've ever spent.

What was your pre-surgery prescription? So you have no issues with dry eyes or night vision now? Thanks.

FooGoo
Oct 21, 2008
Is it true that you are given a choice of correcting for distance or near vision? Therefore if you choose to correct for vision, you might need reading glasses for close up vision.

• Locked thread