Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

If anyone in the UK has used ultralase, can you tell me if you think their top shelf "3rd generation wavefront" is worth the extra money compared to what they describe as standard wavefront? Is it really a difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

I just had LASEK on wednesday. The operation itself was totally painless, all they used were eye drops that numbed up the area, you can feel the pressure and its a little wierd having it done but really the most uncomfortable part is when they used a cold water wash to clean the eye, because it was reeeeally cold. I have had haircuts more traumatic than getting it done.

However, after the surgery as the numbing started to wear off the pain started to build up and up over the course of an hour or two. It grew to a point where it felt like my eyes were being burnt out while someone shoved needles into them. I haven't cried in years but at the worst of that I was screaming into a pillow because it was agonising. After I somehow managed to get to sleep for a couple of hours I woke up and the pain was totally gone, but the few hours I had to deal with it were hell.

I realise that the pain people feel varies but if you are getting LASEK prepare yourself for some hurting, "Like chopping onions" it most certainly isn't.

Mr Teatime fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 18, 2010

• Locked thread