Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

How long does the procedure last? And the halo side effect I've read about, is that permanent or temporary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Could someone summarize the differences among the eye surgery techniques? I thought there was a previous post that did just that but I can't find it.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I got my free consultation and was a good fit for either lasik or prk, but they’d want to see me after a month of no contact wear (I sleep in mine so heavy user here). Money is a bit tight at the moment but I should have my ducks in a row by next year. I think I’m gonna go for it!

Right now I’m leaning more toward PRK since I’d prefer to avoid as much invasive surgery as possible. The increased recovery time has me a little wary but the average case seems tolerable? I asked the doctor what he would have offered a family member and he didn’t hesistate to recommend Prk, for whatever that’s worth.

There’s also a decision concerning money., I would get a discount if I allow a fellow to do my procedure. Anyone in here have an opinion on that? It would be a difference of around 1-2K total.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

It’s a bad habit I’m hoping to shake next year.

• Locked thread