Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009

TskMgr posted:

I've had blurry vision (I cannot see things far away, so nearsighted right?) since i was a teenager. I've had glasses in the past and it helped for school and such, but i could never wear them full time. I get bad headaches (yes i know you have to wear glasses constantly to get used to them) Because without realizing it my eyes would inadvertently fixate on the glasses or the rim, and it was very straining. I'd tried contacts twice before, but with no luck. I know it sounds stupid but i could never get them in. I would sit down for hours at a time and just irritate my eyes to the point where i couldnt take it any more.

My vision isnt terrible (i forget the actual prescription i had), i've gotten used to having bad vision over the years and try to compensate by squinting when i need to read a road sign or sitting in the front of the class for lectures.

Whats the best route to shop for lasik? basically like you'd shop for anything else? should i get a referal? From the description of my scenario do you think (in your non medical opinion) that i may qualify for lasik?

I'd ask a few people maybe at work/school to see if you could get a referral to a good place. I've got my lasik scheduled for around thanksgiving through one of the medical universities. Still kind of nervous about it but, it looks like most people have positive experiences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread