Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Is LASIK normal laser eye surgery or is it some kind of new procedure ?

I have never heard this term before until recently, and have heard it in like 4 different places just these past few weeks. Is it simply the USA term for laser eye surgery ?

I heard a few years ago that they dont recommend students get eye surgery, as they still spend time studying/reading a lot and these activities cause you to get shortsighted, meaning you are sort of wasting the eye surgery. Is this actually true ?
I use glasses and hate contacts (eyes get dry etc), but ive been thinking about getting surgery for a few years now. It costs a ton here in norway though, 45k NOK which is about 8k US$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread