Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Just got evaluated for lasik today and i think i'm gonna do it. i... like how i look in glasses, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Shooting Blanks posted:

Don't worry, at some point in your 50s you will almost certainly have to start wearing glasses again.

aw, you think the world will still exist 20 years from now?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

Also, isn't it a bad idea to wear contacts when sleeping? Everything I've ever heard says it's bad, even for contacts that "breathe."

Anecdata, but wearing contacts overnight was how i developed a corneal ulcer.

(being young was how it healed so well that i'm eligible for lasik.)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

nikosoft posted:

I was weeping fluid from my eyes, nose, and down my throat

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I had my LASIK surgery! They gave me lorazepam beforehand but i still nearly had a vasovagal syncope (fainting attack) during the procedure which sucked hardcore BUT it meant i got wet washcloths on my wrists and a free bottle of water.

Slept the rest of the day and about 50% of the next day. Healing is going well, halos and glare still pretty pronounced but apart from that my eyesight is as good now as it as with glasses. And it's nice to have an excuse to stay off the internet.

B+ (points deducted due to syncope), would recommend.

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 5, 2018

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

the besiviance eye drops are gloopy and it feels like i'm squeezing cake icing into my eyes :aaa:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

oh my god why did i get lasik during allergy season i want to rub my eyes so bad

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

one week follow-up, 20/20, got the okay to stop the steroid and antibiotic drops, and a copy of my corneal topography scan. i asked for it even though i have no idea what it means; i thought it would be fun to have for my records. But they copied it in black and white so the heat map is worthless.

oh and i got the okay to :420: again :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I'm looking into lasik now that I can afford it. What's this about not being able to smoke weed.

the explanation i got was that it dries the eyes out, and shortly after lasik dry eyes are already an issue so you don't want to make it any worse.

Also someone in TCC mentioned THC affecting intraocular pressure and I didn't wanna risk it.

• Locked thread