Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
I had custom Intralase done 8/13 and could see 20/20 by 7am the next morning. Very happy.

The night between the surgery and the follow-up check up was miserable, but the drugs they provided made life tolerable. In the almost two weeks since I put the eye drops in as scheduled and everything has been great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

EVG posted:

A couple people mentioned that having the corrective surgery affected their up-close vision, is that common?

I work at a computer all day and I don't wear contacts because my close vision is not as good as with glasses and it was hard to focus on the screen. Am a little concerned that this would be the case after lasik.

That said, any suggestions for clinics/doctors in Chicago?

Kraff Eye Institute. Ran about $5k, worth every penny. Had it done nearly 2 years ago and went from -3.75 in each eye to 20/15 (still). Had custom intralase (Wavefront I think?) done at 3pm on a Friday and was out at the beach by noon the next day.

• Locked thread