Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Puck42,

How are you doing now after PRK? I am scheduled for my surgery Monday the 19th and am very excited / nervous. How has your recovery been?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Sweet man, I'm glad it hasn't been too bad for you. I will give a rundown of my procedure once it is over and I can see well enough to look at my computer screen.

Wish me luck!

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

I just got home from having PRK. My eyes are slightly gritty and burny but that was expected. The procedure itself was very quick and the doctor that performed it was very good and kept talking to me the whole time. I just wish someone had given me a heads up that the gnarly smell was coming from the laser and not my eyes. They told me that after the fact during my post op when I asked what that smell was.

Now my percocet is starting to kick in and I think I'm going to go listen to some audiobooks with my eyes closed and try and get some rest.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Today is day 3 post op from my PRK surgery. My corneas have healed to a point where the bandage contacts have come out. What a relief that is. They were getting kind of funky. I am amazed at what I can see now and I'm not even close to being fully healed. Things kind of come in and out of focus, but I'm told that is part of the healing process and will go away eventually. I am so happy with the results so far and things are only going to get better from here.

• Locked thread