Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OpusD
Sep 7, 2003

I weep for the motherland.
Has anyone here had laser eye surgery done?
Yes, back in 2001 or so when it was still a newer science. I'm sure it is nearly flawless by now.

Do they see as well as they did with glasses?
Yes, my vision was corrected from 20/200 to 20/20(or better).

Does it hurt (before/during/after)?
It never really hurt at all. During the process it feels like putting rough pressure against your eye with your fingers. It's just extremely uncomfortable. The discomfort goes away nearly instantly after it is done. It takes less than 1 minute per eye.

I've been told it messes with your night driving, is that the case?
This is not the case. It only improved my vision.

Does it make working with a computer more difficult? (Using contacts slows down your blink rate which can cause dryness when working at a computer, did this happen to anyone?)
You won't need contacts and your eyes are completely back to normal after like one day so no.

Having done it, would you still choose to do it over again?
Sure, why not?

Is there anything bizarre (like your eyes falling out) that I should know about?
You shouldn't fly for around 6 months after you get LASIK because the pressure change may gently caress with your eye.

I got the LASIK done when I was 21. Of course now I'm getting close to 30 and my vision is starting to degrade but it has nothing to do with the surgery. My vision is probably around 20/35 or so now. It will only get worse as I get older and more nearsighted. This is a hereditary thing as my Dad had the same problem with his vision getting worse starting when he was around 30.

OpusD fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread