Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, I'd like to know about 20/20 vision as well. Are there any hard numbers of how many people achieve perfect vision and how many still need to use glasses (even only for certain situations) after the procedure?

I'm not worried about pain, or flaps, or halos, or just having my entire head vaporized by an aberrant laser. I'm worried I'll get the procedure and then still need glasses, so basically all the money down the drain. Even if it significantly improved my vision, it wouldn't be worth it unless I could basically be guaranteed perfect vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

asteroceras posted:

... and the procedure was extremely unpleasant (though not painful)....

If it wasn't painful, how was it unpleasant?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

asteroceras posted:

Imagine lying on a bed, having your eyelids clamped open like in "A Clockwork Orange" while a guy cuts open the front of your eye, then you see him use a brush to fold the flap of eye to the side. Then your vision goes black and a noisy laser machine zaps the inside of your eye and you can smell your eye burning. Then the surgeon brushes the eye flap back into place and you still have one more eye left to do.
It's really horrible.

I checked and it turns out I had Lasik not Lasek. I think Lasek would have been the last resort if they could not get the Intralase to work on the eye that they couldn't microkerathingy.

Doesn't seem that bad really. If something isn't painful, it can't be that bad.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

asteroceras posted:

Have you tried waterboarding?

Waterboarding may not be painful, but it still makes you feel like you're drowning, which is one of the most primal fears there is. Have my eye painlessly operated on by a trained professional is not exactly in the same league.

Everyone's different, but for me something is "extremely unpleasant" only when pain is involved.

• Locked thread