Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mantle
May 15, 2004

I want to do Lasik or another surgical correction this year. Could people that have done it 2 5 or 10 years ago share some stories? I'm wary of 100% of post operation stories being positive because of the initial excitement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Are eye drops and fatigue something that you have to deal with the rest of your life?

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

I would strongly recommend LASIK vs PRK. I did both, the heal time for PRK is much rougher

Why did you have to do both and in what order? Other than the heal time, how was the effectiveness?

Mantle
May 15, 2004

So what is the most recent technology that I should be asking for as of today? Is anything new coming over the horizon in the next few months?

Mantle
May 15, 2004

This looks super new to Canada. Has anyone done this yet?

Mantle
May 15, 2004

It's kind of a big deal for me to fly across the country to do it so I'm looking for some first hand accounts.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

Where's home for you?

Also is there a reason you're looking for a cutting edge technique? The existing ones are good.

I'm in BC. I think it's a good idea to get more information on all the options since is a big expense and surgery is always risky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Were you tired before doing the surgery or was it shortly after the surgery?

• Locked thread