Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apok
Jul 22, 2005
I have a title now!

LinuxGirl87 posted:

My questions:
  • Has anyone here had laser eye surgery done?
  • Do they see as well as they did with glasses?
  • Does it hurt (before/during/after)?
  • I've been told it messes with your night driving, is that the case?
  • Does it make working with a computer more difficult? (Using contacts slows down your blink rate which can cause dryness when working at a computer, did this happen to anyone?)
  • Having done it, would you still choose to do it over again?
  • Is there anything bizarre (like your eyes falling out) that I should know about?

-Yes
-Better, I was 20/20 with glasses/contacts but 20/10 now.
-No. My eyes were a tad dry but no pain at all. I just used the drops that they gave me and the medicine as well and my eyes healed right up.
-Yes, they recommend that you do not drive too much at night for the first few months. I see better at night now than I did before (been 2 years).
-No. I can't tell a difference.
-Yes, every opportunity I could get I would get LASIK. It makes me feel normal instead of blind and dumb without glasses on.
-You can mess up the results by rubbing your eyes. I stopped completely after the surgery. The most I do is push the corner of my eye next to the nose if theres a lot of itching. That usually makes it bearable until I can put eyedrops in.

I got a non-invasive procedure where a laser is used to cut the eye and a doctor never actually touches it with his/her hand. It was awesome, minus a misalignment which broke a few blood vessels while they were sealing the laser apparatus on my eyeball...that sucked and was a cool story to tell girls all at the same time.

I was able to see a few hours later and although I spent most of the day asleep, I was able to do normal activities that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread