Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was going to have LASIK, but I found out that my cornea is abnormally thin and that it would be very dangerous for me to have the procedure (or any others similar). That kinda sucked, but I'm happy they at least were willing to tell me instead of take my money and hope for the best.

I would advise getting a second opinion before having something like LASIK for this reason; it's dangerous for some people who have abnormally shaped corneas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I've got the same problem you do, so I had ASL instead. In that procedure, they completely scrape off the outer layer of the cornea, hit the inner layer with the laser, then fit a protective lens to protect your eye while the outer layer grows back over the next 3-4 days. Now I'm better than 20/20.

Oh wow, I didn't know about that. How is the procedure/recovery in terms of pain, cost, etc?

• Locked thread