Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it

Aluminum Record posted:

Would also be interested to hear if people responding to this had astigmatism, and if they'd like to divulge what it cost them and any guarantees they got with it.

While not LASIK, I did get PRK and use to have bad astigmatism. Both my eyes were corrected to 20/20 without complications. The surgery itself didn't hurt, though the eye speculum thing can get uncomfortable. I would say I didn't suffer too much pain either, after the surgery. Maybe I got lucky, since I always hear about people who say they had 2 awful weeks of pain after PRK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it

scapulataf posted:

My brother had it done probably 10-11 years ago now, it was way less than 5k. Even now I see ads for places that do it for like 6-700$ per eye, which is cheaper than when he had it done.
Also, I believe you are only supposed (allowed?) to do it if your prescription hasn't changed in 10 years or so. THough maybe in extreme cases, like imminent blindness they will do it for you.

My prescription has only changed slightly in the last 9 or so years, but I'm so used to wearing glasses, I'm not in any hurry. Also, I'd like to see the long-long term effects of this, incase the aforementioned eyes falling out starts happening.

Not true. As long as you're about 21, then your eyes stop changing as much. They'll do a few checkups, but nowhere near 10 years.

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it

Roll Fizzlebeef posted:

For anyone who has had this done: how long does the procedure take?

You can probably be in and out of the doctor's office in 20 minutes.

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

Yeah, I know. I had a follow up visit. It is just annoying since there hasn't really been improvement in the past 3 or 4 days.

Don't worry about it, took me about 2 weeks before I was able to see 20/20. Make sure you're using your eye drops a lot, helps heal faster.

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it
Had PRK. Recently got my one year checkup and have 20/15 vision, from 20/400. I have no issues besides the occasional dry eyes in the morning.

• Locked thread