Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Chunky Delight posted:

If Undertaker wrote an autobiography it would be bound in human flesh and inked in blood and you would have to say Clatto Verata Nicto before reading it.

And god help you if you skip a sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

mode posted:

How come in the WWE discussion threads, where it shows TV ratings, Smackdown always has question marks instead of a number?

Since MNTV is no longer a network, I believe the ratings are lumped into the syndication numbers that come out a week or two late.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Atticus Finch posted:

Have they ever explained the kayfabe reason why wrestlers get certain music? Like "Hogan felt this music explained him perfectly" or something much better written.

I've heard "So-and-so band is a fan of this wrestler" used once or twice.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

The Berzerker posted:

Jimmy Hart wrote the best songs because Jimmy Hart is awesome, for example.

I didn't know until recently that Jimmy Hart made HBK's music :aaa:

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Perry posted:

Okay, I am astonished.

One last thing: I recently bought the Smackdown 1999-2009 DVD and about half of the top 100 seem to be about Kurt Angle.

Does the WWE have an axe to grind with Kurt Angle because he's in TNA? I mean some of these clips - although this might be subjective perception - seemed to not portray him in a good light. Or did Kurt Angle basically main event Smackdown for half a decade?

Kurt Angle basically main evented SD.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Perry posted:

Thank you all, that cleared a lot of things up. Here's Vince McMahon to play me out.

I imagine Vince powerstrutting out of Frank Deford's house with the biggest poo poo eating grin ever.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Justice Grieves posted:

According to WWE Kids Magazine, Randy Orton is the year's "Biggest Buttbrain!"

Agree or disagree? Me, I feel that it was Mark Henry rapping or guest host Verne Troyer. What a buttbrain!

The answer is Jeff Hardy.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Ozz81 posted:

With his Pepsi tattoo, I wouldn't be surprised if he called them the "new generation" or something equally lame

In the past few months, he said he was the "choice of a new generation" and Luke Gallows proclaimed Punk to be his savior on SD last week.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Samuel Lann posted:

Can someone please tell me where the music starting at about 0:12 comes from? It seems incredibly familiar and I'm probably going to be very embarassed once it's identified, but I just can't place it anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qH_sYJP7aQ

That's Mr. Perfect's theme music.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

We need believable yet not going to happen. Jeff Hardy.

Rob Van Dam.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Meat Recital posted:

If it's in Atlanta, just name old WCW wrestlers.

'hey guys I hear Glacier is here tonight'

I hear Goldberg's here tonight

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

rotinaj posted:

Billy Gunn got turned on.

Poor choice of words.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Supreme Allah posted:

The biggest mystery to me in the industry will be Vinces pointless cheapness during the Invasion - He had to start things off with the 2nd tier of WCW because why, Nash.Hogan.Sting were happy getting paid to sit at home? He didn't get Goldberg until way later either. If he had given out a few million dollars to lure out some huge names at the start, it would have truly been the most epic event in industry history. Considering he was coming off the hottest era in his companies history and he was walking around with a giant erection over finally becoming a billionaire, it was even more perplexing and short sighted. Someone should do the math on how much that has cost him in the long run.

AND, capitalizing the V is loving weird and I wont do it until someone gives me a great justification for it

The V is for Vince, all hail Vince

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

PunkBoy posted:

I thought it was a "V for Victory" kind of thing.

Victory, Vince, same thing :smug:

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Deranged Hermit posted:

Survivor Series 2001? ...yeah, it is on DVD. However, like a lot of 2001 DVDs, it's hella expensive.

It would probably be cheaper just to wait for that part of the anthology to come out, but they'd probably butcher it.

The extras of Survivor Series 2001 have both Heyman getting fired by Vince AND "THE CONSORTIUM...WOOO THE CONSORTIUM WAS ME!" :woop:

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Korak posted:

Dino can tuck his balls into his rear end so that they're safe from bumps.

I know this because I did somethings... on the last DDT tour... I'm not proud of.

Story now.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Hockles posted:

I think the Batista heel turn sent him over the edge.

e: http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=97956

Additional Info

Post Count
Post Rate
5.93 per day
Last Post
Aug 03, 2009 23:07

Banjo's probably incarcerated somewhere :smith:

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

WeaselWeaz posted:

Did Tommy Dreamer ever get a serious push on Raw or Smackdown? I was thinking about this, and I recall him having the hardcore title for a bit but that was it. I think he was even used as just a guy in the background in the Alliance.

I remember seeing an awesome match live with him and RVD to unify the IC and Hardcore title :unsmith:

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

MassRayPer posted:

Dolph Ziggler is just a go-nowhere kind of guy.

I disagree, Dolph is a go-to-bathroom kind of guy

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

crankdatbatman posted:

I always thought that the Undertaker looked like he would smell really bad during the bikertaker phase. Maybe that's just some kind of unconscious prejudice towards bikers I had back then.

Dead men always smell bad.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Karmine posted:

There are a few photos of Undertaker out of character and they're all amazing.

One more

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Capsaicin posted:

Why is Cena dressed up as Sting?

I remember when he first debuted he was compared to surfer Sting for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

projecthalaxy posted:

If they ran brawl 4 all today, who would win? Taker? Punk? Hornswoggle?

Finlay?