Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Is there a blade job near as bad as Eddie's during Judgment Day 2004?

Foley and Flair lost about a gallon of blood in a throwaway match on Impact back in 2010.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x35d55p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bigass Moth posted:

That Foley and Flair

One minute in and they’ve both bladed.

I'm more sensitive to it nowadays because I'm on a blood thinning medication and so the tiniest cut can lead to me bleeding for like a half-hour, but holy poo poo that match made me sick.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hockles posted:

They took a hacksaw to the suit to cut it down to Burke's size. Interesting that Weller actually did this.

The hacksaw was done to the legs of Rob Bottin's original Robosuit for the (utterly terrible) Prime Directives miniseries. The show had a miniscule budget and could only afford one suit, so they spent the money on RoboCable. Page Fletcher is like 5'6", and Rob Bottin agreed to loan the production the original suit on the condition that it was returned in pristine condition. He was ... less than pleased with what he got back.

Robert John Burke had to squeeze into Weller's suit, because Weller is about three inches shorter than Burke and very lithe, whereas Burke at the time was built like a drat linebacker. It was an incredibly uncomfortable shoot for Burke, and Dekker's direction is so shoddy that you can see the shortcuts they took to try and help him out (when he gets the grenade in the chest, for example, you can see the sneakers he's wearing instead of the footplates).

Timby fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Oct 30, 2018

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Smoking Crow posted:

Follow up: what was viscera's gimmick

Stuck :smith:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Legit wonder how many times the non winners in a battle royale just said gently caress it and got eliminated early/left early

Don't forget Punk being completely lovely and then totally sandbagging Kane on that chokeslam in the 2014 Royal Rumble, then walking out from Raw the next day.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

That would be grounds for arrest on assault charges if done in public. Holy poo poo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Germansimp posted:

I am surprised. I mean, it's not like he took any stupid bumps on his head that might cause severe brain damage or anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMU5S9VHhJM&t=239s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMU5S9VHhJM&t=470s

Err, never mind.

Mother of God, that commentary. :suicide:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Benne posted:

@ 1:20, it's even worse than I remember it being https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8diwh

My God, you can see the skull indentation in the steel.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I can't imagine there's been anything worse than Rock hitting a handcuffed Mankind 11 times at Royal Rumble 99.

Yeah, especially since Foley said he was already out cold after the first or second shot and held a legitimate grudge against The Rock for years for not coming to check on him after the match, despite there being video footage of Rock actually visiting with him to make sure that he was okay. Foley was just so completely discombobulated that, much like the Cell match with Undertaker, he has no actual memory of it.

Foley should never have stepped into a ring to wrestle ever again after that bloodbath.

And then he and Flair decide it's a great idea to spill a gallon of blood between each other in a throwaway match on a TNA Impact.

Timby fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 29, 2019

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jerusalem posted:

Wasn't there something that came out in financials or something showing that WWE was still paying Austin a (pretty hefty) salary basically to guarantee he wouldn't go do appearances anywhere else?

Dave reported back in May that Austin received got "a huge raise" in his Legends contract (and as I understand it, the Legends contracts typically pay dogshit and basically say, "If we want you to be at X location on Y date and you don't have prior obligations, you must be there").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LividLiquid posted:

Did DDP and Kimberly Page ever have kids?

One daughter, I think?