Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Can someone post a list of all the WWE legends roundtables? I am trying to find the one where Ric Flair and others discussed worst factions or families.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

The Berzerker posted:

I've seen ones about :

Factions/Stables
Patriotism in Wrestling
Wrestling Territories
The Monday Night War
Worst Characters Ever
Most Important Moments
Giants
The Culture of Southern Wrestling
Heatseekers
Managers
Great Rivals

I don't know how complete that is, I've only watched them on Dailymotion or wherever since I don't have WWE 24/7.

Thanks. I have the ones that were on sale at Best Buy a while back but was wondering which one had them talking about stables and Flair saying the nWo was a terrible stable.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Since the mole is gone from WWE, there really isn't a lot of real news coming out anyway.

jillian is still there

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

But her mole has been gone for even longer.

i knew someone would waltz in to correct me and i knew it would be you so i am glad.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Well it's kind of a loaded question, you're asking if a company that had everything going for it and did everything right and nothing wrong would provide competition for WWE and the answer is yes, it could. But only in the same way that Woody Allen could have a good, competitive fight with Arnold Schwarzenegger if he was two foot taller, three foot wider, bulked up like a motherfucker and knew all the martial arts in the world.

He has a black belt in Soon Yi.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Orgophlax posted:

OK here's one. Known as the greatest heel in WWE history, was Million Dollar Man ever a face? I was just a kid around the time he was wrestling and only ever remember him being a bad guy.

EDIT: Also, wikipedia says that the Million Dollar Dream was a cobra clutch. I thought it was just a regular old sleeper hold?

He was a face in UWF.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I honestly can't see Vince McMahon letting something as horrifying as Savage defiling his teen daughter go. I'm pretty drat sure that Vince & Linda would have insisted on having the cops involved.

Did Bossman ever wrestle Savage?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Faxman posted:

Isn't one of the best examples of this when he hired Bischoff sometime around 2002 or 2003? Bischoff's job was basically to go on screen and look like an idiot every week.

and it still is!

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Dylar Addict posted:

that was you? Christ, I could hear that all the way from the closet I was hiding in

I've been waiting for you to admit you were in the closet this whole time.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Sionistic posted:

so russo is the Brittney spears of wrestling writting?

oops he did it again?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

LightsGameraAction posted:

If he ever used it right before he pinned somebody than it's a finisher.

Actual pin or attempted?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yes the Rock was "lovely" in that if you stopped and dispassionately looked at his style and execution and technical ability he wasn't very good. Nobody ever did that, though, because everyone was too busy being absolutely loving enthralled in every single little thing he did.

Similar to Hogan, one of the worst "wrestlers" ever but nobody gave a poo poo because he was so charismatic/entertaining and dragged the crowd along for the ride.

Eric S :colbert: I hated when the psycho meat inspector would call him Flex Kavana and his readers oogums.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

This can't be stressed enough, it's loving awesome.

Yes but Taker should have put Lesnar over when it mattered a few months earlier than the HIAC match.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

E-Diddy posted:

Jerry Lawler has a new TV show happening that he is soliciting on Facebook, has anyone heard about it or is it just a Memphis Wrestling thing?

"Look forward to seeing everyone this Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 6:30 pm for the live taping of my new TV Wrestling show. If you are planning to attend please leave me a comment!!"

You've hear of NXT? Lawler's show is called FRST.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

LightsGameraAction posted:

I was watching late 90's WWF and was reminded of that little teardrop Undertaker used to have under one of his eyes. It seems like a weird accessory for a badass zombie wrestler to have so I assume there's some story behind it being there like it's a tribute to a friend or something. Anything?

Teardrop tattoos under your eye are a gang symbol for people you have killed. So probably Russo or McMahon not realizing what it meant and coopting it.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

joshtothemaxx posted:

edit: If I've asked this before, forgive me. My memory sucks.

I was drinking with a buddy who grew up on Smoky Mountain Wrestling. I'm trying to figure out this event he's talking about. He says it was so weird and traumatic to a kid that he hasn't watched wrestling since.

Basically all he remembers is there was a wrestler who had a weapon that was sort of a knife on a stick type thing. He was apparently stabbing the hell out of someone in the head while in the ring, only my buddy didn't see any of the actually stabbing because they put big black censor boxes over the action. He swears the action then faded to black, went to commercial, and then when they came back it was like it never happened. Upon questioning him, the name New Jack seemed familiar, so its totally believable.

So what the gently caress is he referencing/remembering?
Only thing I can think of is Outlaw Ron Bass using his spur to carve up Brutus Beefcake but that was in WWF.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

Sings karaoke and antagonizes people at Florida resorts, and makes more than he did in ECW or TNA.

Please name these resorts. I am in Miami and have nothing to do for three months. It's time for a road trip thread.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Beeswax posted:

I was linked to a video of Abdullah the Butcher the other day, and it got me thinking about the current mandates on how WWE wrestlers should look to have a chance of getting pushed.

When was the last time a fat guy got pushed in WWE/F? Back in the day you had loads of guys in the mid- and sometime upper card that were big fat fatties (Bossman, Bigelow, Akeem, Yoko)... Sure most of them were never pushed to main event status but they still got decent pushes and feuded with main eventers. I suppose Big Daddy V got a decent monster push for a while, but the only reason he was in position to get that push was thanks to breaking into the company back when fatties had a spot on the roster. What other notable fatties has there been in recent memory?

Mickie James.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Souled Out 2000?

Tacoma. Seattle area, yeah. Nobody gave a gently caress but this guy. It was sad. People loving FREAKED OUT at me for cheering WCW. On the plus side I get to yell "WHO'S BETTA THAN KANYON!" and Kanyon and he yelled back "NOBODY!"

As someone from Tacoma you can go straight to hell.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Okay, I can understand caring about Survivor Series, but there are people who care about Summerslam? Why?

You mean the summerslam.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

I'm from Seattle and I just said I was cheering WCW guys. Why do I need to go straight to hell?

Calling Tacoma "Seattle Area". As someone from the Northwest you should be well aware of Tacoma and our inferiority complex.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Hypothetically if a goon were to be invited to Big Show's house what should this goon ask him besides "is Andre really your dad?"?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Shitty_Wok posted:

Actually:

"Which wrestler has been the biggest mentor to you?"
"Have you and Miz ever had any real life student-coach interactions like you do during the tag-team?"
"Who do you think is the biggest up-and-comer currently in the WWE/outside of the WWE?"
"What do you think of the direction of the WWE steered more towards children and away from the "Attitude"-style format?"
"Who do you wrestle only because you have to (aka do not like?)"

Comedy option:
"If it weren't for Hulk Hogan, what's to stop you from painting yourself green and wrestling as The Hulk?"

I was warned by the guy taking me over there to never EVER disrespect Hogan in front of the big show.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Bearnt! posted:

I've been watching a lot of old footage lately which includes Bob Backlund's first and second runs with the company. It got me thinking why isn't he in the Hall of Fame then I remembered hearing he was offered it but turned it down. Anyone know his reasoning behind this?

fake e:f,b but offering a point of clarification.

On one of the WWE Legends roundtables they said Backlund turned it down because the HOF was for retired wrestlers and he still considers himself an active wrestler.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

I have a rather odd request.. I'm looking for matches that contain the scenario of a wrestler having such an advantage over their opponent that they start feeling sorry/respect for them. Scenarios like near the end of Undertaker vs. HBK II, HBK vs. Ric Flair at Wrestlemania 24 and Homicide vs. Colt Cabana.

Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy on Raw?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Is it pathetic that I am across the street from where RAW is tonight and would rather watch it on TV then spend money on going in the cheap seats?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Just got papered into the arena.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Its a good thing you went.

Survivor Series tickets go on sale Friday for those of you in Miami area.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Lamuella posted:

funniest match he's been in was him v Kenny Omega at the PWG 100th show

John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

dusty udder smoker posted:

who owns portland?

Stixx.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

No, I got that. But how is a dull knife dangerous?

If you get stabbed hope that you get stabbed with a sharp knife because the cut us cleaner. A dull knife requires more force and leaves more damage.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Curtis of Nigeria posted:

Does the Pope still appear on Impact?

Take off his hat!

e: sorry wrong pope question

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Kamala

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Beeswax posted:

What's the origin of the "kicked his leg out of his leg" meme?

preemptively asking 18 months from now the origin of if you're gonna win make it a win meme

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

The A-Team Van posted:

No, this belt

Does someone have the other version of this belt?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

DannoMack posted:

The first video I ever downloaded in my life was the "I appreciate the fact that you and the WWF care, but I also appreciate the fact that - hell - you can kiss my rear end" Austin stuns Vince, Vince goes into convulsions, security drags Austin away bit. Was Vince not an on-air heel at that point?

My birthday freshman year of college *swoon*

He wasn't an on air heel yet because this was before Montreal but in the middle of Austin stunning everyone in his way (Slaughter, King, JR, etc)

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

CVagts posted:

I could have sworn that was right after he won the title, which would be after Montreal. When was that promo?

That promo was from the MSG Raw in September of 1997. This RAW also saw the return of Cactus Jack.

edit: further review it was 9/22/97 not on my birthday. :(

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erfB64QXF_U

I tried to find the one where Mean Gene goes into kayfabe and talks carny on camera but I couldn't.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

I think the big problem was Steiner was bombing so badly in matches. The HHH-Steiner matches are legendary for their badness, but even his feud with Test was filled with embarrassing moments like falling off the apron at Bad Blood 2003. Nobody was going to believe he was putting people over in the shape he was in.

This was an awesome event because right at that moment he falls off you hear a fan yell "TEST YOU SUCK YOU PUSSY!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

There is La Luchas Tacos and Boutique in NYC. It is full of lucha shrines and wacky decorations and apparently the food is good authentic Mexican street food.

Do they have different sections in the restaurant for rudos and tecnicos?