Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Pneub posted:

Is Cena anywhere near as strong as Mark Henry?

Cena's pretty strong, for a guy 150 pounds less than Mark Henry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

But Sting... it's impossible to explain especially if you just started watching in the past 10 years or so. It's literally like trying to explain the relevance of Flair or Hogan, except they seem to get the benefit of the doubt from newer fans and Sting just gets "Uhhhh gently caress him. "

Now, that's just not true. I don't care about Sting or Hogan.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Captain Strange posted:

Who was the earliest person people remember doing silly dances before moves while their opponents had to lay there not doing anything?

Do top rope moves count?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Arn did a rotation before slamming. None of those people do that.
That's just because he was too weak to pick them up without them running at him!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Szmitten posted:

Due to following a series of Youtube videos that I won't explain (:v:), what was up with the Lesnar/Angle kiss? I vaguely remember it from before, but just what was that all about?

It was after the show went off the air, they were just messing around (or were they actually lovers???)

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

oldpainless posted:

So how the gently caress does the relationship between these three men make any sense? Taker and Hogan are equal, Vince and Hogan are equal, but Taker is miles ahead of Vince???

Obviously, Hollywood Hogan is much more powerful than Hulk Hogan.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

DannoMack posted:

Can somebody tell me why Shane left his family's company?

No one can say for sure, other than the fact that he's not going to TNA.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Banjo can't post about WWE anymore because he is Bryan Danielson.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Usually there's a minute or three in between the end of the show and the post-show, while someone is celebrating in the ring or whatever. It's a long enough pause that you can tell.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

oldpainless posted:

This might be the most incorrect sentence I've ever read on here. Biketaker was awesome.

But he took my bike

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Now do Evan Bourne.

It sounds like "Heaven Born (Hell Bound)" so basically it's referencing his sinful drug habits.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

WWE does slow motion replays when people get hit in the head for real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKXUuUOPjos#t=2m50s

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Wojtek posted:

I don't question that he's loved, it's more of a why is he loved? I don't get the midget love.

For one thing, he has more charisma and is a better wrestler than any midget wrestler in the world (I base this on my extensive experience watching the WWE Junior Division)

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Has the Undertaker EVER done any shoot interviews, Q & A's, whatever since joining the WWE? Even any video of him acting out of character besides thanking Flair on the Raw after WM XXV?

Does this count? http://www.phenomforever.com/?p=1674

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Why aren't you?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Is that a real screengrab or a 'shop? If it's real, what's the story behind it?
Looks to me like it's from his debut match

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

The rana involves a pin. It translates to "Hurricane Pin" while a Frankensteiner doesn't have to end in a pin.

Rana means frog!

I believe it refers to the specific pin where you're sitting on the guy and hooking the legs.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Minidust posted:

And any move in which the attacker falls backwards can be considered part of the "suplex" family.

Oh, like a belly to belly suplex

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Whereas the WWF seemed to overlay the audio of wrestlers' themes on top of all other audio. It's one of the only things of which I was genuinely envious of WWF fans.

Why did they stop doing this?

They didn't?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I don't know if SCOTTY GOLDMAN wrote his own WWE.com show or the writers did, but it was god awful.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Orton is so 2006. We worship Batista now.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I liked that Undertaker didn't use the Tombstone on Rey because he's so small that it would have looked ridiculous.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The A-Team Van posted:

No one stopped the Rey vs Undertaker RR match.

You can't exactly glue up a busted nose.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

WHILE THAT MAY BE, imagine the Undertaker sitting patiently while the doctors work on him during a match.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

People always forget HHH at Backlash 2006. That one was 1.1 or so.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

then he shifted into the white rapper gimmick

Why does it matter that he's white? Huh?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sue Denim posted:

I'm sure this is a standard question, but does anyone know a place where I can stream full pay per views onl9ine (or even download I guess) free or not?

Here

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

quote:

The Wellness Program includes annual physical examinations and blood screening for all WWE talent. The examinations and screening are undertaken with a goal of identifying issues before they manifest into symptoms of disease, illness and/or injury.

There was a scary incident that took place before the Wellness Policy was enacted...

quote:

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Cowboy Bob Orton had hepatitis as a teenager and had actually forgotten he had it because it was 35 years ago. Apparently he was just sick for a couple weeks then never thought about it again. Randy also had no idea.

Bob was recently tested by a WWE doctor who is friends with The Undertaker and was alarmed when he was bleeding all over him in the Hell In A Cell. Bob then got another test was was told he was fine, which is what he initially thought as he has had tons of blood baths, always drank, and never made anyone else sick before. He is blaming the doctor for alarming everyone about it when there was really nothing to worry about.

Taker was alerted and was furious at Johnny “Ace” Laurinaitis, who knew the results of the test and didn’t tell Taker. Johnny Ace had to go to a house show and personally talk things out with a very unhappy Undertaker.

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 19, 2010

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Anyone who used a chokeslam?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Savage was the sniper who killed Owen

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

evale posted:

How big is a WrestleMania pay cheque?

According to Meltzer, anywhere from $10-$25K for low-carders to VERY high amounts for the main eventers. Orton reportedly got $600K last year for the main event. This year's show is expected to do substantially better, so the bonuses will be bigger.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Yeah, that's why the crowd goes nuts every time someone uses a rest hold.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Big Daddy VI

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

I'm currently reading the Death of WCW and my wife asked me if the guys who wrote it like anything, because it seems like all they do is poo poo on everything. They pretty much say everything sucked, except a few matches here and there but the over all product is terrible.

That's why it's not called the Life of WCW.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Of course today sucks, TNA is on.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Burrito posted:

But it's the same TNA we've already seen!

Even worse!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

oldpainless posted:

What's the difference between WWE and TNA?

The audience pays WWE by pay-per-view while TNA pays the audience by pay-per-ring.

:chord:

:geno:

But you did choose the right emoticon, it is a joke an old man with a pipe would make.

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 7, 2010

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Huh, I always assumed Norman Smiley was a fat white guy.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

It's not entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Brickhouse Betty posted:

I'm willing to bet Andre in his prime could drink Big Show and Khali under the table at the same time, though.

Interesting that you bring this up when talking about health.