Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

tweet my meat posted:

What are some of the best examples of cheating in matches? I've been watching Enzo cheat a bit on 205 and it has me a bit interested in if they've done anything particularly fun. Eddie Guerrero was known for cheating his rear end off right?

The most illegal move in the history of wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIYVw3ZPJk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dean's promos from the time he built up to the title win (like honestly two years' worth, any time he was chasing the title) through the Dolph feud were so, so good. People forget it, but it was amazing work.

That promo he cut after Seth turned on the Shield was also incredible, just going out there and talking in detail about all the ways he was going to rearrange Seth's face. The language was clean and kid safe, yet at the same time, managed to be visceral and get across exactly how pissed off he was.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So did Jesus, look where that got him

Yeah. Got him turned into a vampire in that documentary I saw a few years back.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Adaptabullshit posted:

Wrestling Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread - ASK HIM!!!

Ahem. #AskQuestions

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Jeff Jarrett beat up a children's MMA class.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Aphrodite posted:

Do they film house shows and dark matches too, or only when they know it'll be used for something?

I think they also film those for insurance purposes; so they're covered if a fan says they got injured at the show.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My uncle was working at an arena, cleaning up after a show when he was dwarfed by a massive shadow. He turned around and there was Andre the Giant.

"Have a beer with me, Friend."

"Well, I'm work-"

:stare: "Have a beer with me, Friend."

-

My uncle had beers with Andre the Giant.

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 17, 2019

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Benne posted:

This was easily their worst creative decision, Dario was the best character and helped keep my interest even as Season 3 flew off the rails. God bless Luis Fernandez-Gil, who tried his best, but he just looked embarrassing in the old-man makeup.

I could never figure out if we were supposed to be in on the fact that it was the same person. Seems like one of those decisions that would work for the backstage stuff where lighting and audio could be tweaked, but it came across horribly live.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Sionistic posted:

Brock IRL cares for very few people. He likes his wife, he tolerates Heyman, and I assume he likes some of his family. Hes perfectly happy making some money then loving off to his farm for a while.

Owens is probably the best mid match poo poo talker in the company. There was a house show where he had Reigns in a headlock, and he started talking poo poo to a fan about how much money hes making. Reigns was trying hard not to crack up laughing. There was a moment where someone had chased him out of the ring, and on his way out, he stomped on someone mid stride just because he was there. Owens is wonderful :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBk8iO2Kg8s

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Mil Mascaras vs. the Aztec Mummy was the finest piece of cinema ever created.

This is a post worthy of page sniping.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

It's real simple, ya see everybody's been asking me why I did what I did. And the fact of the matter is this:

YOU PEOPLE don't deserve an explanation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
It'll be interesting to see what happens in the future, because Vince will tend to bring people back if there's money to be made, but it seems like Hunter will hold grudges longer.