Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Save Russian Jews posted:

The Miz does not give you indigestion and constipation half as often

Unless you're JBL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Morrison was fairly flippy during his heel run. Even his heel finisher, the Moonlight Drive was pretty flippy. He definitely got more flippy after turning face, though. Heel Morrison did a lot of moonsaults etc. but when you're a heel those moves rarely connect.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Hell, even Orton has brought back the dropkick now that he's a face.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Right now it seems like Morrison is undergoing that a little bit. Hell, I think this might be the longest he's gone without any kind of championship, at least so far as I can recall.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Benign posted:

If they get the Miz to drop the Tag belts, a real feud between the two with Morrison winning the US title would help Morrison so much, but I doubt we'll get that, since the Daniel Bryan thing. Unless there's a heel turn for DB, but thats retard fantasy booking.

I read somewhere a while back that they were discussing bringing Joey Mercury into the SES. Have Morrison feuding with that group would be freaking awesome.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

LividLiquid posted:

Blade jobs wouldn't be pointless if, like most other big deals in wrestling, there was only one every three months or so.

I agree. There was a period in the Attitude era where at least one person was busted open per episode of Raw. But now you've got a Pay Per View called Extreme Rules coming up and oh god, someone's bleeding, stop the match! It really messes up the flow of the matches.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

BlueArmyMan posted:

Did they try to explain the residual Tourette's he's had since getting electrocuted? And wasn't it Booker T that electrocuted him?

It was Evolution that electrocuted him.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Burrito posted:

Nah, they're made from Primetime Elix Skipper.

:ohdear: Why do I feel like I've done something wrong?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Plus, most of the performers are paid per appearance, so it's not like they're making money if they're not appearing on TV.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Is there a story behind the ArmDrag nickname?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Dell_Zincht posted:

It's AmDrag, and it's short for American Dragon. That's about it.

That makes much more sense. Thank you.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I have a question:

Why aren't we talking about Wade Barrett more?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Dylar Addict posted:

Is that you Chris?

It's axiomatic that I'm not, you gelatinous tapeworm.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My friend doesn't believe me that Jeff Jarret occasionally came out on a horse during his Double J days; does anyone remember any specific shows where he did that?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Chilly McFreeze posted:

And Josh was never seen again (or at least, not seen for 4 years)

Josh Matthews is the new Dead Man?

Wrestling will always need a zombie.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

DemolitionDestroyer posted:

While I was in the state between waking up and actually getting out of bed, I pondered this question: If a currently employed, low-end midcarder like Yoshi Tatsu or Luke Gallows were to die by accident (and, for the sake of argument, it's non-drug-related and outside the ring), do you think the WWE would devote a two hour tribute show to them a la Benoit, Eddie, etc.? For some reason I don't think they would.

Punk would later cut a promo about how Gallows wasn't Straight Edge enough :colbert:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Sue Denim posted:

Also, what was the deal with Test? He just kind of seemed to disappear, when he seemed like someone to had just about everything he needed for a steady rise up the card in the WWE.

He got roided up all to hell, broke his neck, got fired, then died.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

If you don't think Mean Gene Okerlund is/was the best backstage interviewer ever, then you are completely wrong.

The funniest thing was a few weeks back when Mean Gene was ripping on the new guy and the camera pans back to show Josh Matthews all :smith: over it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

El Duke posted:

Has anyone ever been to a WWE Fan Access? Is it worth $70 a pop? Especially if it's not Wrestlemania?

I went to one in Toronto a few years back.

The autographs thing is a bit of a crapshoot, because you get in line and you don't know who is actually going to be signing before they get there.

My buddy and I got in line and you know who we got?

Chris Jericho :c00lbert: In fact, I managed to get every single Canadian superstar's autograph on one sheet.

There's really a lot of cool stuff to check out, neat artwork and that sort of thing. Plus there's all kinds of memorabilia where you go "Oh yeah, that angle." I had a really good time.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I share a birthday with Matt Bentley.

Everyone do the Bentley Bounce!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Had the Barrett/Sheamus match not been hosed with, would that have represented the first time a championship match would have been from two people outside of North America?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Breakfast Cereal posted:

Watching an old episode of Raw from 1997, what's up with the mini-wrestlers? (Mini-Goldust, Mini-Vader, Mini-Mankind)

He was trying to find his long lost son, damnit!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

UndergroundHero posted:

I was just racking my brain trying to figure out if there were any WWE wrestlers who have only been RAW or Smackdown! stars, and the only one I can think of is Shawn Michaels. Did he spend any time on Smackdown? Also is there anyone else?

Billy Kidman!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Rocky Maivia.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Sue Denim posted:

So wrestler's and drugs...

Thinking about wrestling as a career, I actually think it's possible to party hard regularly and not be a total flake to the industry and still be a reliable worker purely with self control, are there any examples of wrestlers who are open about recreational drug use and have been able to not let it effect their performance?

In an interview, Joey Mercury talked about being completely messed up most of the time, but able to pull it together for the fifteen/twenty minutes he was performing.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I always loved the variant Bret did when he would wrap the guy's legs around the ringpost.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxwrVw6Vsjw

Is Vance Archer more or less intense than James Earl Jones reciting the alphabet?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

bobkatt013 posted:

One of them was Kat she was a diva who removed her top on a PPV. She was a year younger then his son.

Apparently she's engaged to Kizarney now.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Captain Charisma posted:

I remember how crazy the news surrounding that match was. It was like dominoes falling.

Oh man, Goldberg's leaving after WM. Welp, guess Brock's winning!

OH poo poo BROCK IS LEAVING

OHHHHHHHHHH poo poo AUSTIN IS LEAVING!!!!!!!!!!

I was never much of an Austin fan, but seeing him Stun both those guys at the end of the match was incredibly satisfying.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'll ask because I'm curious.

What do you think is the most offensive skit/angle ever done in wrestling and why?

I would have to go with Katie Vick. It was easy to see that the segment was produced solely to shock people and try to drum up controversy. It did nothing to make Kane more sympathetic, made HHH look freaking bizarre and was quite simply, gross.

On top of that, the segment spawned another, stupid segment the following week, which, again, did nothing to further the angle. For me, it sucked on so many different levels and in the end, accomplished nothing.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Orgophlax posted:

Has anyone ever cried in a storyline? I don't mean the fake stuff the divas have done, but a guy wrestler. Like the face just keeps getting beat down and broken by the heel that he just breaks down in the locker room, but comes back to completely wreck the heel in the blow off match or something?

Kane cried about his father's abduction.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

El Axo Grande posted:

I would love to see Barrett turn this around on Otunga. Beat him back to FCW for a bit.

Only for a bit? :smith:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
What is everyone' MUST WATCH PPV during the year?

For me, I love watching the Royal Rumble. Trying to follow online just doesn't have the same fun factor. I don't think there's another wrestling event that's more fun to watch with friends.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Atticus Finch posted:

I loved BikerTaker but I always hated when he said poo poo like this:

Some of the stuff he did as a heel was awesome. Not the stuff with Vince, because that was just gross. But when BikerTaker was going around injuring the poo poo out of people, it made him look insanely intimidating.

When he was going after Flair's friends and family. And when he slammed Matt Hardy throat first into the end of a chair, it was so damned brutal and devastating looking that I can still remember it vividly.

In short there was some really cool stuff about Biker Taker, but there was also some really, really awful stuff and I guess it depends on what you choose to remember.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Lamuella posted:

as awesome as Skippy was in Nexus, I still have a hankering for him to go back to his original role as Wiliam Regal's loathed assistant. An Eliza Doolittle angle between Regal and Sheffield would crack me up forever.

You mean you want Skip to be the Zack Ryder to William Regal's Edge?

I could get behind that idea.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Lamuella posted:

all I want is a skit where Skip Sheffield in a morning suit is trying to make and pour a cup of tea to Regal's satisfaction.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

LividLiquid posted:

Can anybody remember more than a few face/heel turns over the last few years? It seems like people are just suddenly faces or heels without one big act that signifies the turn. Orton, for instance, started getting cheers and just slowly became a face.

Masters and his dancing pecs winning over the hearts and minds of the WWE Universe.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Pneub posted:

They don't know what muscle is.

But seriously, just look at that huge layer of fat on Beth's upper-arm, around her bicep.

It's even worse in this picture.

I mean seriously, you don't have John Morrison going around calling John Cena fat.

Though that would be kind of hilarious.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Inverted Atomic Drops are a bit of a grey area. I don't think it's ever been established what it's meant to attack

I always assumed it was the breadbasket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

jscolon2.0 posted:

Such a shame that Kizarny never got a Word Up segment of his very own.

He got like five intro vignettes though.