Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Who’s the guy that Jim Cornette was referencing that pronounced whore “whoo-ruh” or something along those lines? I can’t find the clip that explains it but it’s off one of his two podcasts and he still uses it from time to time now as an inside joke. I’m thinking nick gulas but can’t find it looking up clips about him

It's Stu Hart. Stu wanted to know why they were making Diana look like a whoo-ruh during the HBK-Bulldog feud.

efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

bradzilla posted:

Naomi had the glow belt for like half her reign

She debuted the glow belt in July and lost it in August at Summer Slam.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Two of my favorites:

King: Vince McMahon is the nicest and most honest boss I've ever worked for.
JR: (Incredulous} More honest than Jerry Jarrett?! How dare you!

Austin: You sassin' me boy?
Paul Heyman: (pleading) Please do not sass him JR!

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

NikkolasKing posted:

My first cheering for a heel and booing a face came at the same time. I was 100% on Owen's side during his feud with Bret. I am a younger brother who has felt overshadowed by my big brother for as long as I can remember. Owen was cool and confident and clever and Bret was just some dweeb who couldn't be as perfect as everyone said he was.

I also loved Shawn and Hunter regardless of if they were faces or heels. It took me a long time to realize why exactly I zeroed in on two of the more beautiful and flamboyant wrestlers. I still envy Triple H his gorgeous hair back then. Wrestling is often mocked for being homoerotic but I do legit wonder how many fans learned something about themselves through the sport.

Thanks to Sensational Sherri being the most interesting lady in the sport while I was growing up and also totally gorgeous, I have a thing for crazy raven-haired bad girls to this day.